Thursday, February 14, 2008

My love is like a WHAT?


Saw this in the paper - a piglet with heart-shaped markings. Awww. Very appropriate for Valentine's Day, I think you'll agree.

Let's gloss over the Sunday Roast element .........


What made me giggle this morning, though, was this Poem Generator I came across, while trawling through some sites looking for a suitable rhyming word for a ditty I was composing for Lovely Husband's card (I know, that's the kind of wife I am).

My favourite is...
"I felt the urge to put my feelings in writing
Because being with you was really exciting (note the word, was)
Never shall I kiss someone else's lips
Never will we make any boring trips."

Apart from those to the kitchen, or the shops or B&Q presumably.

Closely followed by...

"All of you is what I need
I count the hours until my love is freed
This poem has come to an end
I look forward to our next event."

Indeed.

It prompted me to try harder, shall we say.

But I'm not a poet and I know it.


8 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

What a cute picture, makes me glad that I don't eat pork. Oh, hang on, bacon IS pork.

I'm a hopeless poet and don't even try to write them in cards. I'm so lazy.

DAB said...

Cute piggy, keep trying with the poetry :) TFX

Annieye said...

What a cute picture. I'm either in the mood for poetry or not (mostly not!) I'm really bad at it.

Jen said...

'Until your love is freed'?

You hadn't mentioned the poor love was in prison... no wonder you've taken to poetry ;0)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little pig! I try to write poems in cards but they always come out rather cringe worthy!

HelenMWalters said...

I love the piggy! Sooo cuuuute!

Lane Mathias said...

Nice little porker:-)

'was freed' made me laugh:-)

You'll be publishing an anthology in no time!

Leigh Forbes said...

Oh, God. I guess that's where they find all the verse for Valentine's cards...

I tried it myself, but himself has a name that can apply to either sex, and the poem generator assumed he was a woman. Thus, he was beautiful, with lovely eyes, and I was a raging bull! It all read rather oddly, especially as the gift I had selected for him was beer...

Love the piglet!