A friend sent me this list today...I can't think why.
PERKS OF GETTING OLDER
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run- anywhere.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, “Did I wake you?”
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.
9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You stop trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. Your eyes won't get much worse.
14. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
15. Your joints are more accurate than the weather forecast.
16. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
17. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
18. The neighbours won’t notice when you have a party.
19. You enjoy hearing about other people’s operations.
20. You can't remember who sent you this list in the first place.
(Well, I can actually and may have to strike you from my Christmas card list)
Oh, please say t'isn't so I beg thee...
(PS - I've been fiddling with m'templates, in case you hadn't noticed, and find this one rather easy on the eye. Not that I NEED to find templates that are easy on the eye, you understand, my eyesight's fine - when I've got my contacts in or my glasses on, it's just...oh forget it.)