This is a rather fun book meme that I pinched from HERE and I'm tagging each and everyone one of you because
a) I'm interested in your answers and
b) I don't see why I should be the only one slacking.
1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?
Hardback. They smell nicer and last longer.
2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it…
Buy the Book (by the book, geddit?) or Between the Sheets. It would only sell copies of my novel, and yours. Customers wouldn't be allowed to leave unless they bought at least one of each.
3. My favourite quote from a book (mention the title) is…
Two stick in my mind (not much to stop them) - "There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to man and beast it is all a shame." Black Beauty, Anna Sewell
and - "Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery (sorry Mike, if you're looking!)
4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be ….
Enid Blyton - I adored her books growing up, but by all accounts she was a right bitch. I'd like to know if that was true.
5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except the SAS survival guide, it would be…
Robinson Crusoe, for tips.
6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that….
would hold my book for me in bed.
7. The smell of an old book reminds me of….
reading Anne of Green Gables in bed (without a gadget, obviously) at my grandma's.
8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be….
Just kidding. Jayne Eyre - she was feisty.
9. The most overestimated book of all time is….
The Da Vinci Code.
10. I hate it when a book…
falls in the bath and swells up.
Your turn. I'm waiting...
To coincide with my 10th year of blogging (TEN YEARS??!!!) I've decided to move my blog over to my website, where I hope to update...
100 posts! This time last year I was a Blogging Virgin. Now I’m a bit of a slag. It’s become the highlight of my week, both reading yours an...
A wonderful start to September, as I've been signed by award-winning digital publisher Bookouture for a three book deal. I'm...
(gratuitous photo of puppies in a basket, for added cuteness) The year is well underway, and there have been all sorts of political s...