Friday, November 2, 2007

Anybody NOT writing a Novel?

I know I'm supposed to be getting on with my NaNoWriMo attempt (and I did loads yesterday, which I'm quite proud of - must not rest on my laurels for the rest of the month), but I got distracted this morning, by having a look at some other blogging author websites, and one thing led to another...and another. My goodness, there are LOADS. Problem is, they're all really good - witty and entertaining and downright helpful in most cases. That's because the bloggers are all writers, I suppose. DOH!
Apparently about 16,000 people have signed up to NaNoWriMo (that word is starting to look odd) - a figure which inspired awe and resignation in equal measures. 16,000 people all writing novels???? Good heavens. And those are the ones we know about. For a nano-second I thought, what's the blooming point? Luckily, those thoughts are rare because, as all those would-be writer bloggers out there know, we'd write even if we never get published. Because we LOVE IT! Right?

No comments: