Monday, October 7, 2019

Book news

Along with the release of I'll be Home for Christmas I'm excited to announce a joint writing project that's finally come to fruition.

Back in 2015, I blogged about writing a psychological suspense novel with my lovely writing friend Amanda Brittany, which we put aside to focus on solo projects. After finally submitting it to Mandy's editor at HQ Digital/Harper Collins earlier this year, our book is going to being published. We now have a 2-book contract and a fabulous agent Kate Nash.

The first book will be released in January 2020, the second a year later, and we're currently excited to see a cover and title (to be revealed) which we'll be sharing via our joint Twitter account @clarkebrittany2. It's all very exciting (for us, anyway!)

After writing nine (hopefully) uplifting romantic comedy novels in three years and selling over 160,000 of them (beyond my wildest imaginings) I'm putting them on hold for the moment while I attempt to write a standalone suspense novel, alongside the one with Mandy. I may regret it, but might also regret not trying, as it's something I've wanted to do for a while. I'm sure I'll come back to romcoms - I love writing them too much not to - but for now, I'm going to take a walk on the dark side and see what happens (hopefully, nothing too grim and murdery.)

Aside from that, it's hard to believe how fast the year has flown, as they increasingly seem to these days, but I'm lucky to have had some nice trips; to Barcelona, Cornwall, Devon and Snowdonia in Wales. The weather there wasn't great, but that somehow added to the atmosphere, especially travelling up Mount Snowdon, and I couldn't help thinking it would make a great setting for a novel. Then again, I think that everywhere I go...



I hope whatever you've been doing your summer's been a good one, and if you fancy a festive read to get you in the mood for you-know-what, I can recommend a funny, feelgood book by...me ☺️ (other festive-themed books are available.)


4 comments:

Sue Blackburn said...

I can assure you your books are indeed uplifting and laugh out loud hilarious. Will miss your rom coms but good for you giving another project a go Karen. I'm sure whatever you produce will be equally enjoyable. Can't wait for I'll Be Home For Christmas and the book written by you and lovely Mandy. Two treats in store. Good luck in all your ventures :-) xx

Karen said...

Thank you so much for your support, Sue, and I hope you enjoy the Christmas book ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฒ☃️ xx

Amanda said...

Lots of good luck with your new direction, Karen, and I can't wait to receive my copy of 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'. I'm so excited about our joint novel coming out in the new year. YAY! xxxx

Karen said...

Thanks, Mandy, me too! ๐Ÿ˜ xxxx