Friday, January 26, 2018

Q&A with Amanda Brittany






I'm thrilled to welcome Amanda Brittany to my blog today, to talk about her debut thriller Her Last Lie. 

It's been described as 'gripping with a shocking twist' and I can confirm that it is!

(It also has an amazing cover)




Which character in Her Last Lie would you like to meet?

Hi Karen, thank you for inviting me to your blog.

I suppose feisty Roxanne is the character I’d most like to meet. She’s so determined to get to the bottom of things, and appears to be a good friend to Isla.

There are definitely a couple of characters in the book I would hope never to meet.


I know the book has several settings, which did you enjoy writing the most?

I loved writing the second part of the book set in Abisko in Sweden. I visited Abisko a couple of years back, and it was great fun bringing the cold, bleak landscape to life, and describing the way The Northern Lights swoop across the night skies.

Are any of your characters based on people you know?

No, not at all, they all sprang from my imagination.

A couple of reviewers have mentioned there are humorous bits in the novel...

Yes, there are a couple of lighter bits, which I felt fitted with certain characters. My thoughts were that there are amusing people everywhere, so why not in a psychological thriller? And I liked the thought of the contrast of humour with the awful things that are happening to Isla has in the book.


How long did it take to write ‘Her Last Lie’?

I worked flat out on the first draft for six weeks, writing 2,000 words a day, but it took a lot, lot longer than that in total with the re-drafts and edits.

Have you got any ideas for your next book?

I have got an idea for my next psychological thriller, which I’m about to send over to my editor, and I’ve got everything crossed she’ll like it.

All of Amanda’s ebook royalties are going to Cancer Research UK, in memory of her sister. Her Last Lie can be downloaded here http://amzn.to/2AIvFw7

I can't wait to read the next one...


6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for inviting me onto your blog, Karen xx

Karen said...

My pleasure! I absolutely loved your book, and I hope it raises loads of money for Cancer Research xx

Sue Blackburn said...

Great interview Mandy and Karen. Her Last Lie is such a fabulous read and I loved the humour which made me laugh out loud. And it WAS a welcome relief, phew! I hope - and I'm sure it will - it raises loads of money for such a deserving cause. :-) xxx

Amanda said...

Thank you, Sue. I'm glad you liked the humour. xxx

Karen said...

I like a bit of humour to cut through the tension :-)

Wendy's Writing said...

Lovely to hear more about your book, Mandy. I’m amazed how quickly you wrote the first draft.