Thursday, March 17, 2011
An award and 7 things
Two lovely and talented lady-writers, Lydia and Teresa Ashby have gone a little bit mad and bestowed this handsome award upon me - which is nice.
The rules state I have to tell you 7 things about myself, but I've bored you all senseless in that department in previous posts, so instead I'll list 7 things that are on my desk that have nothing to do with writing.
1. A half-empty packet of digestive biscuits. Can't think who ate them, but it couldn't possibly have been me.
2. My lucky mascot, Quackers. My grandma knitted him years ago, and seeing him reminds me of her. (Not that she looked like that I hasten to add.)
3) A tube of effervescent (love that word) vitamin C tablets and a carton of cranberry juice, both my husband's. He's on a bit of a health kick. Unlike me.
4) A mangled, half-chewed biro I rescued from the dog, which she obviously mistook for a rat.
5) A silver sharpener I used earlier for my eyeliner pencil.
6) A copy of Grazia magazine. So I can plan my summer wardrobe dahlings.
7) A crumpled contact lens and a Penny Red stamp lying rather poignantly side by side. My husband's a collector of the latter and the first is the reason I can only see properly out of one eye at the moment.
Looking back at that list, I'm slightly ashamed and will be doing a spot of tidying forthwith.
So, now the season to be jolly is almost upon us, which means another year is almost over and, as usual, I'm left wondering how o...
100 posts! This time last year I was a Blogging Virgin. Now I’m a bit of a slag. It’s become the highlight of my week, both reading yours an...
(gratuitous photo of puppies in a basket, for added cuteness) The year is well underway, and there have been all sorts of political s...
It doesn't seem five minutes since I started writing THE BEACHSIDE SWEET SHOP but publication day has finally arrived. WHOOP! ...